Fridays at St Lucy's Sight Centre Browfort, Bath Road, Devizes, SN10 2AT - Meets last Thursday of month, 13:30- 15:30 - The Macular Support Groups are a great way to meet up with other people with macular disease who will be on hand to help you understand your condition, come to terms with sight loss, share information about treatment and ultimately stay independent. Every group is different but many invite guest speakers, run social events, arrange outings and holidays, fundraise, campaign and work with local eye care professionals.
Drop in and try out a wide range of technology, lighting and magnifiers which could help you manage your sight loss.
Drop in sessions are on in various locations around the County: Monday- Friday, 10:00- 14:00
This group is part of the #MakeSomeoneWelcome campaign run by Wiltshire CIL to ensure disabled and older people are at the heart of Wiltshire Communities.
Groups like this one have:
- publicly signed up to the Make Someone Welcome campaign with a commitment to welcome disabled and older people (via Twitter #MakeSomeoneWelcome or by calling Wiltshire CIL Office).
- always got someone in their group who is prepared to act as a 'meet and greeter' for new members.
Wiltshire CIL have:
- offered this group training, giving them skills and understanding to welcome anybody and everybody.
- helped the group identify people in their community and encouraged them to become active members.
- helped advertise the group in the Wiltshire CIL newsletter to over 2000 people
- worked on opportunities to link this group with other groups who have signed up to the campaign, to promote their work locally and work on strategies to attract disabled and older people.
The page was last updated on 18 February 2019