Melksham Council of Community Service - Community Bus
Provides Community transport for the inhabitatnts of Melksham and District who in need of such a service because of age, sickness or disability or because of lack of availability or adequate or safe public passenger services.
Operates a community transport hydraulic tail lift minibus / bus scheme providing transport to and from day centres, lunch clubs, shopping, theatres, nursing homes or clubs.
To be eligible users must be elderly (over 50), disabled or a one parent family.
All journeys must be pre-booked. 24 hours notice of cancellation is required.
- There are three minibuses fully accessible for people with disabilities.
- Low floor for easy boarding.
- Wheelchairs do not need to be folded for the journey.
- Drivers are trained in how to help vulnerable passengers.
- Accompanying carers welcome.
- Room for shopping trolleys.
Mobile Service Available
Ring for journey costs and to book.
Travel is free on shopper bus services with a valid bus pass.
The page was last updated on 22 January 2019