FAB - The Financial Assessments & Benefits Team at Wiltshire Council

MyPAd lets you write a social prescription for patients, customers or family members in Wiltshire. The groups, services, and information pages in the site can be saved to build your network of support in your community. Save links to information you have found on YourCareYourSupportWiltshire. Add your own notes and update them whenever you wish. If you are logged onto your account in MyLife, MyPad will save your links and notes until you delete them. If you are not logged on, the links and notes are saved until you close down YourCareYourSupportWiltshire.  

Service summary

Wiltshire Council Logo

The FAB team works with older people and their carers to ensure they claim for all the state benefits they are eligible for. They also undertake a financial assessment to determine whether or not a charge will be made where a community care service is going to be provided by the county council.  

Am I eligible for a visit?

When your savings are less than £23,250, and after your care needs and eligibility have been identified, but before you start paying a contribution towards the cost of your care, someone from the FAB team may visit to complete a financial assessment with you. 

What do I need to do before a financial assessment?

The FAB team may need to see documentation, so if you are seeing someone in your home, check with them beforehand which documentation you might need for your meeting, and what that meeting is about.

The FAB team will advise you of your contribution towards your care and how to pay it.  

Your financial contribution is not related to the extent of your care needs.  

Your financial contribution is related to how much you can afford to pay according to the charging policy. 

 If you have more than £23,250 in savings you are classed as self funding, 


Further information

What is DRE? 

Income and Disability Related Expenditure (DRE) are talked about on page 16 of the charging policy. Adult care policies including the charging policy 

Some examples of DRE can be found in this national government page about the Care Act.

Look at Annexe C: Treatment of Income Paragraphs 39 and 40  

Getting Ready for your Finance and Benefits Assessment

Paying for Care Guide - About Financial Assessments

Do I have to Pay for Care and Support?

Opening times

Business hours

Area served


The page was last updated on 2 October 2018

Main address

Monkton Park
SN15 1ER

Main telephone

01249 706197

Organisation email