Cook Club - The Pantry Partnership - Salisbury
We run cooking workshops for anyone and everyone - like out Student Workshops open to school leavers ... or any young person fending for themselves for the first time. We give people the skills and the confidence needed to cook quick, healthy and delicious meals ... and we have fun doing it too!
Call or message to find out more, including locations.
Our workshops typically run from 10am until 2pm over five to six days. We cover some of the practical aspects of cookery (like knife skills and food hygiene), we equip our learners with some great recipes and we also offer tips on a range of topics from savvy shopping to time saving techniques. Plus, learners take away samples or the meal they've prepared each day. Call or message us to find out more. We can design a course to suit your needs.
This group is part of the #MakeSomeoneWelcome campaign run by Wiltshire CIL to ensure disabled and older people are at the heart of Wiltshire Communities.
Groups like this one have:
- publicly signed up to the Make Someone Welcome campaign with a commitment to welcome disabled and older people (via Twitter #MakeSomeoneWelcome or by calling Wiltshire CIL Office).
- always got someone in their group who is prepared to act as a 'meet and greeter' for new members.
Wiltshire CIL have:
- offered this group training, giving them skills and understanding to welcome anybody and everybody.
- helped the group identify people in their community and encouraged them to become active members.
- helped advertise the group in the Wiltshire CIL newsletter to over 2000 people
- worked on opportunities to link this group with other groups who have signed up to the campaign, to promote their work locally and work on strategies to attract disabled and older people.
The page was last updated on 28 February 2019