This page is about the Community Connecting team, and their role helping people with disabilities learn more about their local community.
The Community Connecting team assists customers with a disability to discover more about services in their local community. We will assist you to find and take part in your chosen community activity and to do this independently. The team will help you to find voluntary work, further education, including college courses and other training opportunities, or join a local club and meet new people. The team also offer travel training.
- 14-25 years old with a statement of Special Education Need (SEN) or who have previously held a statement.
- People with autistic spectrum condition between 16-25 years of age.
- Young people 14-25 years of age.
- Young people living in Wiltshire.
- Someone not working with another Wiltshire Council supported employment service.
- Someone not supported by a Work Programme.
- You can be referred to the Community Connecting team by the following contacts:
- Special Educational Needs or Disabilities (SEND) Worker
- Wiltshire College Tutor • Social Worker
- Wiltshire Specialist School Teacher
- Avon and Wiltshire Partnership (AWP), Autism Assessment Team
- Wiltshire Council; social care advice and Information - 0300 456 0111
- Looked After Children Team
Adult Social Care referrals
In all cases approval is required before making the referral;
The person should
- be 18 years of age and above
- have an assessed eligible need for this service (Care Act 2014)
- be identified under the following Reported Health Conditions
- Long Term Health condition - Physical (PI) e.g. Acquired Physical Injury
- Long Term Health condition - Neurological (N) e.g. Stroke, Parkinson’s Motor Neurone Disease or Acquired Brain Injury
- Sensory Impairment (SI) e.g. Visually impaired or Hearing impaired
- Learning, Developmental or Intellectual Disability (LD) e.g. Learning Disability
- Learning, Developmental or Intellectual Disability (ASC) e.g. Autism or Asperger’s Syndrome/ High Functioning Autism
Please note that customers are not eligible if they are working with another Wiltshire Council supported employment service or supported by a universal service such as a Work Programme provider.
Our office is open Monday to Friday; a member of staff will be able to speak to you. Alternatively, you can leave a message with your contact details and someone will return your call.
Reviewed 23rd March 2018. Updated 23rd March 2018