Wiltshire Employment Support Team (WEST)
This page contains details about the Wiltshire Employment Support Team (WEST), including who they are and how they can help you.
- Who we are
- What we do
- Who we support
- Who is eligible?
- Who can refer?
- What is Preparing for Employment?
- Contact details
The Wiltshire Employment Support Team (WEST) assists young people with finding work with local employers. To do this we look at the different types of suitable jobs based on their skills, interests and experience. We then aim to match individual skills to available jobs, including apprenticeships.
When WEST receives your referral you will be allocated to a Job Coach who will register you to our service. Your Job Coach will ask you about your experience and expertise to help highlight further skills you may need for work. We call this profiling. Your Job Coach will then support you to begin applying for jobs and preparing for interviews.
We can advise you on how to get a benefit calculation completed, which will explain the financial benefits of moving into paid work.
You will look for paid employment and need to be committed to your job searching. Should a job be found and you are successful at an interview you will be supported by your Job Coach to start work. WEST will continue to review how you are getting on and will support you until you and your new employer feel confident you are ready to work independently.
- Young people 14-25 years old with a My Plan or Statement of Special Education Need (SEN) or previously held a statement.
- Young people with autistic spectrum condition between 16-25 years old.
- Adults over 18 referred by Adult Social Care who have a Reported Health Condition
- Young people 14-25 years old.
- Resident in Wiltshire.
- Someone who is not working with another Wiltshire Council supported employment service.
- Someone supported by a Work Programme provider.
- Special Educational Needs or Disabilities (SEND) Lead Worker.
- Wiltshire College Tutor.
- Social Worker.
- Wiltshire Specialist School Teacher.
- Avon and Wiltshire Partnership (AWP), Autism Assessment Team.
- Wiltshire Council; Social Care Advice and Information 0300 456 0111
- Integrated Youth Service.
We are delivering work focussed sessions to students with disabilities within Wiltshire Colleges. This is an 8-week programme that focuses on preparation for paid employment.
The sessions include the following:
- What is work
- Health & Safety
- Attitudes & Expectations
- Personal hygiene
- Transferable skills
- Applications & Interviews
- Appropriate Behaviour
- About supported Employment
Our Devizes office is open Monday to Friday; a member of staff will be able to speak to you. Alternatively you can leave a message with your contact details and someone will return your call.
Telephone: 01380 729286,
This page was last updated 22/02/2018 and is still under review.