Frequently Asked Questions

If you cannot find an answer to your question in this list please use the help request form and email your question to us.


Do I need an account to use Your Care Your Support?

No, you do not need to create an account to look at the site. If you want to save information to look at again in the future you need to create an account. If you want to use forms to refer yourself or someone else, you need an account.

What do I do if I cannot activate my account?

Open the e-mail sent to you when your account was created. It might be from ''. Click the link in the e-mail. If this does not activate your account, note down the Activation Code and go back to My Account on the website. Enter your username and password, then enter the code and click on the Activate button. Your account should now be activated.

What do I do if I cannot log in to my account?

Check you are using the correct username confirmed in the validation e-mail sent when you set up your account. Check you are using the correct password confirmed in the validation email sent when you set up your account. If you have forgotten your password or it does not work with your username, please telephone 01225 718749 for assistance between 09:00 and 16:30 Monday to Friday or email

How do I change my personal details?

Log in to your account and click on "Change Personal Details" in the box on the right hand side of the screen. Update your details and click the "Save" button.

What is Your Care Your Support Wiltshire?

This website has been developed by Wiltshire Council and Healthwatch Wiltshire to provide people with information about care and support services in Wiltshire and to provide information about what services are available within your community.

How do I find information in Your Care Your Support Wiltshire?

The design of Your Care Your Support Wiltshire is based on the questions people often ask about Health and Social Care, separated into different ‘tiles’ on the page. Each tile has a picture and brief description of the subject it stands for. Click on a tile to open a new page or menu. We have arranged our information around four usual questions people ask us about Social Care: ‘What is social care?’; ‘How do I get it?’; ‘How do I pay for it?’; ‘What do I do if someone is being abused? Quick links will always be visible near the top of your screen. They quickly return you to the website home page or Wiltshire Council’s homepage; Directories in the site (The A to Z or Service Directory); Guides (bespoke information and lists); Ways to Contact Us (the contact us page, feedback page, help and referrals).

What about Information Pages and the Service Directory?

The information pages are about the subjects you will be considering when you are finding out about adult social care. The service directory is a database of services in the county which support people in Wiltshire

What are the Guides for?

Guides enable you to build an information sheet tailored to your needs that you can print, save, or send by email. You can find the guides section by clicking on the Guides quick link. We want to develop this aspect of the website. If you would like guides about a specific topic, please do let us know through the Site feedback option.

What is MyPad for?

My Pad lets you save links to information you have found and want to go back to. You can also add your own notes and update them whenever you wish. If you have not created an account, then the links and notes stay in MyPad until you close your care your support Wiltshire. If you are logged in to your account, MyPad will save your links and notes until you delete them.  You can create bespoke lists for individual customers, and print or email the list as a social prescription for your patient.

Why should I create an account or Log In?

If you want to save information to look at again in the future you will need to create an account. This takes just a few minutes and all you need is a few personal details and a valid email address. Having an account will also help you use forms to refer yourself or others for services.

How do I search the site?

You can search in the box at the top right-hand side of the screen in the desktop, or as part of the ‘hamburger icon’ on mobile. Type a few words and press ‘return’ on your keyboard. You can also click the magnifying glass symbol to search the site. Search results give you service directory and information pages. Search results are displayed in a list, but you can choose to display them on a map. You can filter search results by category or information source. In list view, click the title in the description of the result. In map view, scroll in to look at the pushpins in the map.

I want to use forms to refer myself or someone else to Adult Care, what should I do?

We have given you the option to use digital services where appropriate. You can refer yourself or someone else for advice, which might lead to a Care Act Assessment.  You can also complete a S42 form if you have safeguarding concerns. To use both these forms you have to register, and log in to so the details are traceable and clear.

Help Request

We will get back to you with an answer