- What is Warm and Safe Wiltshire?
- What does Warm and Safe do?
- How do I get in touch?
- The Priority Services Register
- Helpful Videos
Cold homes can cause ill health, misery and social exclusion which are faced by many households in Wiltshire as they struggle to keep warm each winter. People who are vulnerable to health problems linked with cold homes are those with cardiovascular or respiratory conditions like chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), babies and children under 5 years of age, people over 65, people with mental health conditions or disabilities and pregnant women.
Warm and Safe Wiltshire is a commitment from Wiltshire Council, Swindon Borough Council, Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service and the Centre for Sustainable Energy to help residents live in safer and healthier homes.
Warm and Safe Wiltshire does this by providing energy saving advice over the phone and in some cases in the home plus onward referrals to insulation and heating contractors where funding is available for eligible households as well as the installation of draught-proofing measures and smoke alarms to improve fire safety.
The following list details the areas where Warm and Safe Wiltshire may be able to offer support:-
- Advice on possible grants and funding towards insulation and heating systems.
- Advice on lowering your energy bills like switching, claiming the Warm Home Discount and other grants
- Help with understanding your heating controls
- Income Maximisation – help to identify any benefits that you may be entitled to but are not currently claiming and assistance through the application process, if appropriate.
- Energy Debt Assistance – advice and support for those who have built up a debt to their gas or electricity provider, to negotiate repayment terms and make applications to Energy Trust Funds to write off energy debts.
- Draught-proofing measures such as letter box guards, door brushes and draught excluder strips around doors and windows can be installed to help eliminate draughts.
- Fire Safety advice to help you reduce your risk of fire within the home through fire safety advice and the presence of smoke detectors.
- Free advice guides on energy saving in the home, fuel tariffs and reducing fuel bills, and reducing condensation and mould problems.
If you are interested in any of the support that Warm & Safe Wiltshire can offer, please contact us on 0800 038 5722
Or email us at WarmandSafe@cse.org.uk
Warm and Safe Wiltshire is a service provided by our partner the Centre for Sustainable Energy on behalf of Wiltshire Council. The data we collect will be shared with Wiltshire Council for monitoring and statistical analysis.
The Priority Service Register is maintained by Southern and Scottish Electricity Network (SSEN). You can sign up to the register if you would be left vulnerable if you were without electricity. For example if you have medical equipment that requires electricity to operate.
Its free to sign up and you can register on the warm and safe website by clicking the link below.