Wiltshire Health and Care - Adult Community Services in Wiltshire
This page contains information on Wiltshire Health and Care, the provider of adult community health services in Wiltshire.
- What is Wiltshire Health and Care?
- What Wiltshire Health and Care means for patients.
- Why is this change happening?
- Will your care change with Wiltshire Health and Care?
Wiltshire Health and Care is an NHS partnership, focused on delivering improved community services in Wiltshire. It was formed by the three local Foundation trusts which serve Wiltshire, (Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation trust, Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust).
Wiltshire Health and Care will be responsible for the delivery of adult community health services in Wiltshire from 1st July 2016, for at least 5 years.
Wiltshire Health and Care is focused on delivering high quality community services in Wiltshire and enabling people to live independent and fulfilling lives for as long as possible.
Wiltshire NHS Clinical Commissioning Group is responsible for commissioning adult community health services for Wiltshire. Adult community services comprise six community hospitals, Minor Injury Units, community nursing and therapy teams, a community team for people with learning disabilities and a range of community outpatient services operating across Wiltshire.
Until July 1st 2016 Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (GWH) held the contract for providing these services. From July 1st 2016, the contract transferred to a new partnership, called Wiltshire Health and Care. The contract will last for at least five years.
The creation of the Wiltshire Health and care partnership is designed to improve the services available in community settings by improving the way that services and organisations work together. This is the first time that the three local Trusts serving the population of Wiltshire have worked together in this way.
- The change to the Wiltshire Health and Care Partnership will not affect the continuity of care for the public and patients. You will still be seen by the same health professionals in the same place.
- Wiltshire Health and Care will continue to use the same electronic health record systems, accessed by the same people who currently deliver these services.
- The legal ownership of your records will transfer to Wiltshire Health and Care from 1st July 2016.
- If you have concerns about your records being transferred to Wiltshire Health and Care, please discuss this with the staff providing your care, or contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service below.
- If you raise an objection to your records being transferred to Wiltshire Health and Care, they will do their best to respect your wishes, however it may adversely affect the care they can offer to you.
- Wiltshire Health and Care staff will have new branded lanyards and ID badges. Over the coming months all Wiltshire Health and Care staff will have new identity cards.
Wiltshire Health and Care are developing a website which will have information about Wiltshire Health and Care.
If you are a patient of Wiltshire Health and Care, and would like more information about the change to Wiltshire Health and Care, contact:
Wiltshire Health and Care Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
Phone: 0300 123 7797, Email: PALS.email@example.com
Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS), The Great Western Hospital, Marlborough Road,Swindon SN3 6BB.